from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not expressed or uttered: unvoiced fears.
- adj. Linguistics Voiceless: unvoiced consonants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not spoken or expressed.
- adj. Spoken without vibration of the vocal chords.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not spoken; unuttered; not articulated or pronounced.
- In phonetics, not uttered with voice as distinct from breath; unintonated; surd.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not made explicit
- adj. produced without vibration of the vocal cords
Sorry, no etymologies found.