from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Based on sound judgment, reasoning, or evidence; adequately substantiated: well-founded suspicions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. based on reasoning, evidence and good judgement
- adj. properly substantiated
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Founded on good reasons; having strong probability; not baseless: as, well-founded suspicions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. based on sound reasoning or evidence
Sorry, no etymologies found.