from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of long duration or existence: a long-standing friendship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing something that has existed for a long time.
- adj. Describing something that has been done for so long that it has become convention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. existing since a time in the distant past.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having existed for a long time
long + standing (Wiktionary)