from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Very old or of long standing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. very old; having existed for a long time; ancient or well-established
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of very long duration.
- adj. having reached a desired or final condition as a result of standing for a period of time; -- of wines, whiskey, fruit, or cheeses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. belonging to or lasting from times long ago
Sorry, no etymologies found.