from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reaching beyond the limits of memory, tradition, or recorded history.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That is beyond memory; ancient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Extending beyond the reach of memory, record, or tradition; indefinitely ancient.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not within the bounds of memory; of unknown duration; extending back beyond record or tradition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. long past; beyond the limits of memory or tradition or recorded history
Medieval Latin immemoriālis : Latin in-, not; see in-1 + Latin memoriālis, memorial; see memorial.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)