from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having been accepted as true or worthy: "Received political wisdom says not. Surveys show otherwise” ( Economist).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of receive.
- adj. Generally accepted as correct or true
- adj. Unchallenged axioms
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, projecting between other parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. widely accepted as true or worthy
- adj. conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers
Sorry, no etymologies found.