from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Professing to be qualified.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of profess.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Openly declared, avowed, acknowledged, or claimed
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Avowed; declared; pledged by profession; professional: as, a professed woman-hater; a professed nun; a professed cook.
- one who by promise freely made and accepted has, after a year of probation, been received in and bound to a religious order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. professing to be qualified
- adj. claimed with intent to deceive
- adj. openly declared as such
Sorry, no etymologies found.