from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Naked.
- adj. Partially but not fully dressed.
- adj. Not finished or worked: undressed stone.
- adj. Not specially treated or processed: undressed leather.
- adj. Not prepared for cooking or eating. Used of certain meats.
- adj. Lacking sauce or dressing. Used of a salad.
- adj. Not treated or bandaged: an undressed wound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having partially or completely removed one's clothes.
- adj. Whose surface has not been dressed (prepared).
- adj. Without dressing.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of undress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not dressed, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having removed clothing
- adj. of lumber or stone or hides; not finished or dressed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
However, when once again undressed and in the dark, in their shower, I discovered that while there was indeed a shower head, there were no handles on the stems, and I could not get a good enough grip to turn them on.
Then I undressed from the waist down (it’s ok to leave your socks on) and waited.
The patch of undressed, that is, of new cloth, means the new grace, that is, the Gospel doctrine, of which fasting is
"Sooth say you," returned Fra Rinaldo, who was undressed, that is to say, had thrown off his habit and hood, and was in his tunic; "if I had but my habit and hood on me in any sort, 'twould be another matter; but if you let him in, and he find me thus, 'twill not be possible to put any face on it."
"Victim reported suspect made victim drinks, told him to get undressed, which is the last thing he remembers," a police narrative said.
I've gotten word that stressed out Clinton staffers have been secretly circulating pictures of "undressed" Obama in hopes it will undermine his candidacy:
She's happy to be "undressed", as she put it, at the airport, but she is not happy to give up her civil liberties.
Two female Romance language instructors were tossed out of their Brooklyn high school after being caught "undressed" in an empty classroom, sources told the Daily News Tuesday.
French teacher Cindy Mauro, 34, and Spanish teacher, Alini Brito, 30, were discovered by a school janitor who caught the "undressed" instructors allegedly sharing a kiss in the empty classroom at James Madison High School during a Nov. 20 assembly.
When it was Brad's turn to deal with Giuliana, he tried his best to be evasive, even saying (after she asked him the same question, what Angie had taught him) that he'd like to move on to the next question and saying it was impossible to be deep with the "glam cam" showing close-ups of what he was wearing (being "undressed" by the "glam cam" was how he put it).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.