from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not polished, as:
- adj. Not smooth and shiny: unpolished shoes; unpolished gemstones.
- adj. Not elaborated, perfected, or completed: an unpolished performance.
- adj. Not having attained a high degree of skill: an unpolished tenor.
- adj. Lacking good manners, culture, or refinement.
- adj. Natural and unsophisticated: The service was friendly and unpolished.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not polished; not brought to a polish.
- adj. Deprived of polish.
- adj. Not refined in manners; uncivilized; rude; plain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not polished; not brought to a polish: noting surfaces of marble, wood, metal, etc.
- Deprived of polish.
- Not refined in manners; uncivilized; rude; plain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not carefully reworked or perfected or made smooth by polishing
- adj. lacking social polish
Sorry, no etymologies found.