from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to peasants; rustic.
- adj. Uncultured, boorish; rough, coarse.
- adj. Like a circus clown; comical, ridiculous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or resembling a clown, or characteristic of a clown; ungainly; awkward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of clowns or rustics; like a clown; rude; coarse; awkward; ungainly.
- Abounding in clowns; dull; stupid; uncultured; unrefined: as, “a clownish neighbourhood,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. like a clown
From clown + -ish. (Wiktionary)