from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not civilized; barbarous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Crude, barbarous, wild, uncultured.
- adj. Used to describe people who display a marked lack of manners as defined by a given culture.
- adj. Used to describe behaviours deemed savage or inappropriate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not civilized; not reclaimed from savage life; rude; barbarous; savage.
- adj. Not civil; coarse; clownish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not civilized or reclaimed from savage life; rude; barbarous; savage: as, uncivilized hordes.
- Coarse; indecent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without civilizing influences
From the British spelling uncivilised, with the general spelling reform of "-ise" to "-ize". (Wiktionary)