from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking refinement or polish; not elegant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not elegant; not exhibiting neatness, refinement, or precision.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not elegant; deficient in beauty, polish, refinement, grave, or ornament; wanting in anything which correct taste requires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not elegant; ungraceful; unrefined; deficient in any quality required by correct taste.
- Synonyms Ungraceful, homely, plain, clumsy, ungainly, rough, awkward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking in refinement or grace or good taste
From in- + elegant. (Wiktionary)