from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or decorated with chintz.
- adj. Gaudy; trashy: chintzy merchandise.
- adj. Stingy; miserly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or decorated with chintz.
- adj. tastelessly showy; cheap, tacky, or gaudy
- adj. Stingy; excessively reluctant to spend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. resembling chintz or decorated with chintz.
- adj. of very poor quality.
- adj. stingy; miserly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. embarrassingly stingy
- adj. of very poor quality; flimsy
chintz + -y (Wiktionary)