from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dull or plain.
- adj. Prim and sedate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Poorly dressed; wearing drab, lifeless, ill-fitting clothing. More typically used to describe women than men.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cross-tempered; scornful.
- adj. Old-fashioned, as a woman's dress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cross-tempered; cross-grained; scornful.
- Old-fashioned, as applied to dress; dowdy. Also frumpy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. primly out of date
frump + -ish (Wiktionary)