from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Disorderly and dirty: a messy bedroom.
- adj. Exhibiting or demonstrating carelessness: messy reasoning.
- adj. Unpleasantly difficult to settle or resolve: a messy court case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in a disorderly state; chaotic; disorderly.
- adj. prone to causing mess.
- adj. difficult or unpleasant to deal with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a state of mess, confusion, ordirtiness; making a mess; littered or littering; untidy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dirty and disorderly
From mess + -y. (Wiktionary)