American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having the property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive.
- adj. Covered with an adhesive agent.
- adj. Warm and humid; muggy: a sticky day.
- adj. Informal Painful or difficult: a sticky situation.
- adj. Economics Tending to remain the same despite changes in the economy. Used of prices or wages.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the property of adhering to a surface; inclining to stick; adhesive; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
- Humid; producing stickiness; muggy: as, a disagreeable, sticky day.
- Like a stick; stiff.
- adj. Able or likely to stick.
- adj. Potentially difficult to escape from.
- adj. computing, informal, of a setting Persistent.
- adj. computing, of a window Appearing on all virtual desktops.
- adj. Internet, of threads on a bulletin board Fixed at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
- adj. Internet Compelling enough to keep visitors from leaving.
- adj. Of weather, hot and wind-less and with high humidity, so that people feel sticky from sweating.
- n. A sticky note, such as a post-it note.
- n. manufacturing A small adhesive particle found in wastepaper.
- v. Internet, bulletin boards to fix a thread at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the quality of sticking to a surface; adhesive; gluey; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
- adj. moist as with undried perspiration and with clothing sticking to the body
- adj. hot or warm and humid
- adj. hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment
- adj. covered with an adhesive material
- adj. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
- From stick + -y. (Wiktionary)
“PLAYBOY: Portals attempt to create what they call sticky content to keep a user as long as possible.”
“Toyota announced Tuesday that production of eight models will be stopped until it could remedy what it called a sticky gas-pedal problem.”
“Material: Ever wondered what the "sticky" in sticky yoga mats is?”
“The first sticky is the info you need to install the SVN Repo installer.”
“Now covered in sticky rainbow and cat laughing at me.”
“I scream and try to run, but cant move, my feet buried in sticky muck as the dream unravels.”
“Also, whenever the company needs more money, they can just issue more stock, which can be useful in sticky situations.”
“Does this crust well or does it remain sticky to the touch when frosted onto a cake?”
“Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a tester inserted into the cake comes out without any cake crumbs attached (it may still be a bit sticky from the apple mixture). 5 minutes before the cake is done, sprinkle cheddar cheese in an even layer on top and return cake to oven to allow it to finish baking and give the cheese time to melt.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sticky’.
The many textures of touch.
Buzzwords of our time
Because drippy passionfruit, and he was pricked pineapple but sometime around cherry durian blond twins started persimmon, lychee papaya and before we knew it, quince plum mango mango and O O O Ora...
A list created for TRM, because there are certain words that we just kind of hate.
I am taking my lead from the 100 mile diet bloggers in Vancouver, whose guidelines for eating locally conclude with the observation that most things said about food are equally applicable to sex: t...
A list of My Little Pony names from the original (G1) collection. 1982-1992
favorite words. some are made up injokes between me and my husband or family.
"Fornication" is not equal to "formication".
Words with funny meaning, spelling or both.
because sexy leads to sex
which is not really sexy
a list of words that, when studied closely, don't really connate the passionate, erotic aspect of sex that is perpetuated in fi...
Looking for tweets for sticky.