from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive.
- adj. Covered with an adhesive agent.
- adj. Warm and humid; muggy: a sticky day.
- adj. Informal Painful or difficult: a sticky situation.
- adj. Economics Tending to remain the same despite changes in the economy. Used of prices or wages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able or likely to stick.
- adj. Potentially difficult to escape from.
- adj. Persistent.
- adj. Appearing on all virtual desktops.
- adj. Fixed at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
- adj. Compelling enough to keep visitors from leaving.
- adj. Of weather, hot and wind-less and with high humidity, so that people feel sticky from sweating.
- n. A sticky note, such as a post-it note.
- n. A small adhesive particle found in wastepaper.
- v. to fix a thread at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the quality of sticking to a surface; adhesive; gluey; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the property of adhering to a surface; inclining to stick; adhesive; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
- Humid; producing stickiness; muggy: as, a disagreeable, sticky day.
- Like a stick; stiff.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moist as with undried perspiration and with clothing sticking to the body
- adj. hot or warm and humid
- adj. hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment
- adj. covered with an adhesive material
- adj. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
PLAYBOY: Portals attempt to create what they call sticky content to keep a user as long as possible.
Both of these models result in what I call sticky sales relationship and is extremely hard to disintermediate.
Toyota announced Tuesday that production of eight models will be stopped until it could remedy what it called a sticky gas-pedal problem.
Material: Ever wondered what the "sticky" in sticky yoga mats is?
The first sticky is the info you need to install the SVN Repo installer.
Now covered in sticky rainbow and cat laughing at me.
I scream and try to run, but cant move, my feet buried in sticky muck as the dream unravels.
Also, whenever the company needs more money, they can just issue more stock, which can be useful in sticky situations.
Does this crust well or does it remain sticky to the touch when frosted onto a cake?
Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a tester inserted into the cake comes out without any cake crumbs attached (it may still be a bit sticky from the apple mixture). 5 minutes before the cake is done, sprinkle cheddar cheese in an even layer on top and return cake to oven to allow it to finish baking and give the cheese time to melt.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.