from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or characterized by a high amount of water or water vapor: humid air; a humid evening. See Synonyms at wet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing sensible moisture (usually describing air or atmosphere); damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery; as, humid earth; consisting of water or vapor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing sensible moisture; damp; moist; ; somewhat wet or watery; ; consisting of water or vapor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moist, or accompanied with moisture; containing, or formed or effected by, water or vapor; wet or watery; damp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or characterized by a great deal of water vapor
Bare legs are the norm, as nylons in humid weather are horrible.
Nokia has already had a few problems rolling out its new touchscreen 5800 XpressMusic phone, including earpieces that go bad in humid weather and firmmware that wouldn't work on certain big-city 3G networks on the US model, but now they're screwing around with something serious: customers 'money.
Folks that live in humid places can have problems with internal condensation build-up despite never riding in the rain.
How does the haybale/straw construction perform in humid climates?
The plant is found in humid lowland tropics below 1,500 feet, and in rain forest habitats.
Heat pumps work fine in humid climates - they have problems working in very cold climates and then need back up radiant strips for heat - which gets expensive, as we all know.
Having lived in humid Seattle, WA, Steenwijk, Drenthe, and Oberammergau, Bayern, I have never lived in an area where the humidity dropped so low bournemouth.
Comes recognizes in this disease all the symptoms of the affection which has been designated under the name humid gangrene.
The climate is classified as humid tropical marine, with little seasonal or diurnal variation.
The climate of Namche Bazar can be classified as humid and tropical, based on the seasonal occurrence of rains, range in annual precipitation, number of rainy days per year and the length of the dry season.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.