from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the nature of a fen; marshy.
- adj. Archaic Inhabiting or found in fens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of a fen; marshy, swampy.
- adj. Living or growing in a fen (now only of plants).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or inhabiting, a fen; abounding in fens; swampy; boggy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of a fen; boggy; marshy.
- Inhabiting or growing in fens; abounding in fens: as, fenny brake.
- Same as finewed.
Old English fenniġ. (Wiktionary)