from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling mucilage; moist and sticky.
- adj. Relating to or secreting mucilage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling mucus; slimy and viscous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Partaking of the nature of, or resembling, mucilage; moist, soft, and viscid; slimy; ropy.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or secreting, mucilage.
- adj. Soluble in water, but not in alcohol; yielding mucilage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, muciparous; secreting a glairy or viscid substance like mucus: specifically applied to synovial membranes, certain of whose fringed vascular processes were called mucilaginous glands by Clopton Havers in 1691.
- Slimy; ropy; moist, soft, and slightly viscid; partaking of the nature of mucilage: as, a mucilaginous gum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
Sorry, no etymologies found.