from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling syrup in taste or consistency.
- adj. Cloyingly sweet or sentimental.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the taste or consistency of syrup.
- adj. Overly sweet or sentimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like syrup, or partaking of its qualities; especially, having the consistency of syrup.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with honey added
- adj. having a relatively high resistance to flow
- adj. overly sweet
syrup + -y (Wiktionary)