from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of, resembling, or containing strings or a string.
- adj. Slender and sinewy; wiry.
- adj. Forming strings, as a viscous liquid; ropy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Comprised of, or resembling, string or strings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of strings, or small threads; fibrous; filamentous.
- adj. Capable of being drawn into a string, as a glutinous substance; ropy; viscid; gluely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of strings or small threads; fibrous; filamentous: as, a stringy root.
- Ropy; viscid; gluey; that may be drawn into a thread.
- Sinewy; wiry.
- Marked by thread-like flaws on the surface: as, stringy glass; stringy marble.
- Said of cotton that is imperfectly scutched.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lean and sinewy
- adj. (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew
- adj. consisting of or containing string or strings
- adj. forming viscous or glutinous threads
Sorry, no etymologies found.