from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the texture or appearance of leather: a leathery face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the consistency, feel, or texture of leather.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling leather in appearance or consistency; tough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling leather; tough and flexible like leather; specifically, in botany, coriaceous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or made to resemble leather; tough but pliable
Sorry, no etymologies found.