from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, resembling, or consisting of bone.
- adj. Having an internal skeleton of bones.
- adj. Full of bones: a bony fillet of fish.
- adj. Having prominent or protruding bones: a bony wrist.
- adj. Lean; scrawny.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling, having the appearance or consistence of, or relating to bone; osseous.
- adj. full of bones
- adj. with little flesh; skinny, thin
- adj. having prominent bones
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of bone, or of bones; full of bones; pertaining to bones.
- adj. Having large or prominent bones.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of bone or bones; full of bones; pertaining to or of the nature of bone.
- Having large or prominent bones; stout; strong.
- Reduced to bones; thin; attenuated.
- Hard and tough like bone, as the fruit and seeds of some plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold
- adj. composed of or containing bone
- adj. having bones especially many or prominent bones
Sorry, no etymologies found.