from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a lean gaunt frame with prominent bones. See Synonyms at lean2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. thin and bony, having prominent bones, rugged but not necessarily handsome
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having little flesh on the bones; gaunt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having little flesh on the bones; lean and large-boned; gaunt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a lean and bony physique
Sorry, no etymologies found.