from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Strong and muscular. See Synonyms at muscular.
- adj. Hardened; calloused.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by brawn; muscular; strong.
- adj. Calloused; hardened.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having large, strong muscles; muscular; fleshy; strong.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fleshy; muscular; having large strong muscles; bulky; strong.
- Figuratively, firm; hardened; having great power of resistance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful
brawn + -y (Wiktionary)