from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Comfortably stout; corpulent. See Synonyms at fat.
- adj. Archaic Stately; majestic; imposing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a dignified port or mien; of a noble appearance; imposing.
- adj. Bulky; corpulent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stately or dignified in mien; of noble appearance and carriage.
- Stout; somewhat large and unwieldy in person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. euphemisms for `fat'
From port5.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From port + -ly. (Wiktionary)