Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Swollen, as with air or some soft substance; puffed up; tumid; soft: as, a puffy tumor.
- Tumid; turgid; bombastic: as, a puffy style.
- Coming in puffs; characterized by puffs; gusty.
- adj. Of or pertaining to puffs or puffiness; being pillow-like, exhibiting swelling, inflated
- adj. Speaking or writing in an exaggeratedly eloquent and self-important manner
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Swelled with air, or any soft matter; tumid with a soft substance; bloated; fleshy.
- adj. Hence, inflated; bombastic.
- adj. abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas
- adj. blowing in puffs or short intermittent blasts
- adj. being puffed out; used of hair style or clothing
- puff + -y (Wiktionary)
“I received one from the Bienias clan, my great aunt and uncle, from my old employer the RRRC, from my Grandmother Nedrebo's prayer group, my girlfriend and her roommate, my girlfriends family, and four of my guy friends in puffy vests.”
“I gotta admit, “Southside” invokes a mental picture of check cashing services, bail bond brokers, dollar stores, and sullen teenagers in puffy jackets.”
“It's near the end of the episode, the premise for which is that Shales writes a snippy pan of Sanders's show -- calling him "needy" and "puffy" - faced -- because Larry had never invited him to be a guest on the show.”
“Kristina - if you wore your squeegie, or whatever that thing is called puffy? cushy? to an NKOTB concert, that would be AWESOME”
“These three faces, framed by the window, recalled the puffy cherubs floating among the clouds that surround”
“The gnocchi are famous and referred to as puffy little clouds that you can enjoy with one of four sauces, the tomato sauce which is the most popular and often referred to as "red sauce," pesto, truffle and cream sauce, or my preference, butter and sage, which allows the flavor of these delightful gnocchi to shine through.”
“These three faces, framed by the window, recalled the puffy cherubs floating among the clouds that surround God the Father.”
“After all, his pleasantry consists chiefly in new-coined puffy language.”
“It's so hard" diatribe from a pseudo-professional, wanna-be cop-hack that's YOU "puffy" -- in case you're confused and have it clutter-up my head just days before having to go back to work.”
“Ive tried your cookie twice and it both came out really "puffy" not flat and chewy and i tried to put less baking soda the second time and it still came out the same. any ideas?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘puffy’.
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
These are some words I didn't know when I read and now I want to know!
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Looking for tweets for puffy.