from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to puffs or puffiness; being pillow-like, exhibiting swelling, inflated
- adj. Speaking or writing in an exaggeratedly eloquent and self-important manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Swelled with air, or any soft matter; tumid with a soft substance; bloated; fleshy.
- adj. Hence, inflated; bombastic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Swollen, as with air or some soft substance; puffed up; tumid; soft: as, a puffy tumor.
- Tumid; turgid; bombastic: as, a puffy style.
- Coming in puffs; characterized by puffs; gusty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas
- adj. blowing in puffs or short intermittent blasts
- adj. being puffed out; used of hair style or clothing
puff + -y (Wiktionary)