American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Covered or filled with lumps.
- adj. Thickset or cumbersome.
- adj. Exhibiting short jumbled waves; choppy: lumpy seas; a lumpy channel.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding in lumps or small aggregated masses; consisting of or formed into lumps. Specifically applied by boatmen to rough water in which the waves do not break, but run in small, irregular, roundish swells.
- Heavy; clumsy; dense; dull.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Full of lumps, or small compact masses.
- adj. having lumps; not smooth and even in texture
- adj. like or containing small sticky lumps
- lump + -y (Wiktionary)
“And as you know by following us, it has been and I'll use the word lumpy again quarter-over-quarter.”
“So we continue to use the word lumpy for a lot of our results, but that's basically the nature of our business.”
“So when I use the word lumpy, I mean it can be really lumpy.”
“One supposed breakthrough is the discovery that CO2 is not "well-mixed" through the global troposphere (mid-level atmosphere), but is actually "lumpy" - distributed in higher concentrations in two "belts" circling the globe, especially in Northern hemisphere, which is more heavily industrialized.”
“There are increasingly opportunities we can buy, and these opportunities are what I'd call lumpy and large.”
“Knowing his character well, the sturdy wife of Grabantak had made up her mind that Koyatuk should wed a young intelligent, and what you may call lumpy girl named Chukkee, who was very fond of the huge and lazy youth, and who, being herself good-natured and unselfish, would be sure to make him a good wife.”
“-- Colonel Mundy, in _Our Antipodes_, says that the word _nugget_ was, before the days of gold digging, used by the farmers of Australia to express a small thick bullock, such as our English farmers would call a lumpy one, or a little great one.”
“Also shows how to use a grabber in your marketing to enhance response rates and increase sales, oherwise known as lumpy mail.”
“Now instead of being known as the lumpy headed guy, he's the lumpy headed guy with a porn star-quality 'stache.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lumpy’.
The many textures of touch.
learn something new or stump a friend -
A list created for TRM, because there are certain words that we just kind of hate.
words from the cookbook "Nigella Bites" by Nigella Lawson
Looking for tweets for lumpy.