from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Difficult to handle because of weight or bulk. See Synonyms at heavy.
- adj. Troublesome or onerous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. burdensome or hindering, as a weight or drag; vexatious; cumbrous.
- adj. Not easily managed or handled; awkward
- adj. Hard, difficult, demanding to handle or get around with
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Burdensome or hindering, as a weight or drag; embarrassing; vexatious; cumbrous.
- adj. Not easily managed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Burdensome; troublesome; embarrassing; vexatious: as, “cumbersome obedience,”
- Inconvenient; awkward; unwieldy; unmanageable; not easily borne or managed: as, a cumbersome load; a cumbersome machine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. difficult to handle or use especially because of size or weight
- adj. not elegant or graceful in expression
Sorry, no etymologies found.