from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or like a burden; onerous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or like a burden; arduous or demanding
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Grievous to be borne; causing uneasiness or fatigue; oppressive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Weighing like a heavy burden; grievous to be borne; causing uneasiness or fatigue; oppressive; heavy; wearisome: as, “burthensome exactions,”
- Able to carry burdens or cargoes.
- Synonyms Onerous, troublesome, fatiguing, hard to bear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not easily borne; wearing
burden + -some (Wiktionary)