from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lying or resting on or above something.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lying or resting on something else; overlying.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lying or resting on something else.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lying or resting on something else.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lying or resting on and exerting pressure on something else
Latin superincumbēns, superincumbent-, present participle of superincumbere, to lie on top of : super-, super- + incumbere, to lie down; see incumbent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin superincumbentem, present participle of superincumbere. (Wiktionary)