from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of lower.
- adj. That lowers or frowns.
- n. The act of something being lowered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dark and threatening; gloomy; sullen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Threatening a storm; cloudy overcast: as, a lowering sky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of causing to become less
- n. the act of causing something to move to a lower level
- adj. darkened by clouds
Sorry, no etymologies found.