from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of becoming less active or severe
- n. A sinking of something to a lower level, especially of part of the surface of the Earth due to underground excavation or seismic activity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of subsiding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of subsiding, in any sense of the verb subside.
- n. Synonyms Ebb, decrease, diminution, abatement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gradual sinking to a lower level
- n. an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease)
- n. the sudden collapse of something into a hollow beneath it
Latin subsidens, subsidentis, present participle of subsidere. (Wiktionary)