from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Becoming weaker or smaller.
- adj. Especially of the lunar phase as it shrinks when viewed from the Earth.
- n. The fact or act of becoming less or less intense.
- n. The fact or act of becoming smaller.
- v. Present participle of wane.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of waning, or decreasing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of the Moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon decreases
- n. a gradual decrease in magnitude or extent
From wane + -ing. (Wiktionary)