from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Undisturbed by strife, turmoil, or disagreement; tranquil. See Synonyms at calm.
- adj. Inclined or disposed to peace; peaceable.
- adj. Of or characteristic of a condition of peace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not at war or disturbed by strife or turmoil
- adj. inclined to peace
- adj. motionless and calm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessing or enjoying peace; not disturbed by war, tumult, agitation, anxiety, or commotion; quiet; tranquil
- adj. Not disposed or tending to war, tumult or agitation; pacific; mild; calm; peaceable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of, possessing, or enjoying peace; not in a state of war, commotion, or disquiet; quiet; undisturbed: as, a peaceful time; a peaceful country.
- Pacific; mild; calm: as, a peaceful temper.
- Synonyms Peaceable, etc. (see pacific), tranquil, serene.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not disturbed by strife or turmoil or war
- adj. peacefully resistant in response to injustice
peace + -ful (Wiktionary)