American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Self-possessed; composed. See Synonyms at cool.
- adj. Brought or placed together from various sources: the collected poems of W.H. Auden.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having control of one's mental faculties; not disconcerted; firm; prepared; self-possessed; composed: as, to be quite collected in the midst of danger.
- Synonyms Cool, Composed, etc. See calm.
- adj. Cool‐headed, emotionally stable, in focus.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of collect.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Gathered together.
- adj. Self-possessed; calm; composed.
- adj. in full control of your faculties
- adj. brought together in one place
- collect + -ed (Wiktionary)
“All that is happening here is making sure that the sales taxes do get collected that are supposed to be collected - and that * are collected* when one does the purchase "in person" ...”
“Any "socio-economic" data collected is an un-necessary invasion of your privacy.”
“Though she sent him a sharp nod, her expression collected, his words shattered her into a million cold, black pieces.”
“Public dissemination of the data collected is also an important part of accountability.”
“Since the water table is too deep to enable a well, water is mostly collected from the roof, into several buried barrels.”
“Author, furniture designer and hand tool enthusiast Tom Fidgen designed and built this side table using salvaged Ash collected from the shores of Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia, Canada.”
“The tax/fee was collected from the individual — so does the state opting out keep or remove the individual benefit? what if the individual is traveling and is actually a resident of another state but uses a doctor in a non participating state? what if the individual paid the tax while in a participating state?”
“Scene 6: More Winona Ryder, who must be steamed that a third of these scenes collected from the cutting-room floor feature her.”
“Obama collected from the very same pharmaceutical and oil companies that he criticized his opponents for accepting money from.”
“Well, I've collected from the TRANSCONTINENTAL," he said in an effort to shift the conversation to a more comfortable subject.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘collected’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Our class list of adjectives for Henry's Ma.
Orth, Fluccish, and English words that play a role in Neal Stephenson's Anathem.
about solitude and liking it
Looking for tweets for collected.