from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That have been selected or chosen.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of select.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Specially chosen or preferred; choice; select: as, selected materials.
- Specially set apart or devoted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. chosen in preference to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
'Note: The "Selectedxxxx" lists in the datagridview are' stacks 'that have the selected items pushed in the * in the order they were selected* i.e. not the order you want to print them in! if DGV has rows selected, it's easy, selected rows and all visible columns
* @param string $current is the current value of the option in use (used to set the selected option in the list) * @param string $options should be an array of the options to be generated function generate_option_list ($current, $options) $list = ""; foreach ($options as $curopt) $sel = ""; if ($current = = $curopt) $sel = "selected = \" selected\ "";
Years afterward, she preferred Billie to Lucille and, at first, to Joan, the name selected for her in Hollywood.
Most Crips themselves are unaware that the original name for our alliance was “Cribs,” a name selected from a list of many options.
The title selected for the corps was in itself a new departure in the
In the title selected for this text there are at least three words that need definition.
"Life at High Tide" -- the title selected for this little volume of short stories, and having a real significance for each of them, which the reader may find out for himself -- does not reflect the poet's meaning, and, least of all, its easy optimism.
The title selected by Mr. Gladstone for his new work is either a very appropriate one or a strange misnomer, according to the point of view from which it is regarded.
'He was a friend; he is dead; he was an usher in a private school, although you might have supposed, from the title selected, that he was a clerk.
"Apple faces the dual challenges of maintaining the confidentiality of the product ... and ensuring that upon its launch the product can be marketed under the name selected for it," he wrote, in an affidavit to a court in Hong Kong.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.