from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in low spirits; depressed. See Synonyms at depressed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sad and dispirited.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of deject.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cast down; afflicted; low-spirited; sad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thrown down; lying prostrate.
- Low-spirited; downcast; forlorn; depressed; melancholy from failure, apprehension, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affected or marked by low spirits
Sorry, no etymologies found.