from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not connected; separate or detached.
- adj. Marked by unrelated parts; incoherent: described the accident in a disconnected way.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of disconnect.
- adj. That is no longer connected.
- adj. Feeling a lack of empathy or association with something.
- adj. That can be partitioned into two nonempty subsets which are both open and closed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds.
- adj. not switched on or not connected to a power source; -- of electrical equipment.
- adj. noncontinuous; not continuing in time or space. Opposite of
- adj. unconnected, detached. Opposite of
- adj. lacking orderly continuity; illogical or seemingly irrational.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions
- adj. having been divided; having the unity destroyed
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. not plugged in or connected to a power source
- adj. (music) marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds; cut short crisply
Sorry, no etymologies found.