from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. cut off, or separated
- adj. legally dissolved
- adj. having had one's marriage legally dissolved
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of divorce.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having a marriage legally terminated and having not remarried.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Separated by legal decree from the bonds of matrimony; repudiated by a formal act of divorce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of someone whose marriage has been legally dissolved
Sorry, no etymologies found.