from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not married; having no spouse.
- n. One who is not married.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no husband or wife.
- n. An unmarried person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not married; single: as, an unmarried woman or man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not married or related to the unmarried state
Sorry, no etymologies found.