from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of noble birth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of high social standing as a result of having been born a member of an upper-level social class.
- adj. Born a member of an upper-level social class (although not necessarily retaining high social standing)
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or befitting people of high social standing.
- adj. Of superior or premium quality; magnificent; expensive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of noble or aristocratic birth. Contrasted with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of high rank by birth; of noble birth or extraction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. belonging to the peerage
Sorry, no etymologies found.