from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a spouse: a married woman; a married man.
- adj. United in matrimony: a married couple.
- adj. Of or relating to the state of marriage: married bliss.
- adj. Acquired through marriage: her married name.
- adj. Closely connected; united.
- n. A married person: young marrieds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In a state of marriage; having a wife or a husband.
- adj. Showing commitment or devotion normally reserved for a spouse
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of marry.
- n. A married person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being in the state of matrimony; having a spouse; wedded; ; -- of one person.
- adj. Of or pertaining to marriage; connubial.
- adj. Wedded to each other; ; -- of two people.
- adj. Joined to form one object; united.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- United in wedlock; having a husband or a wife: applied to persons: as, a married woman.
- Constituted by marriage; of or pertaining to those who have been united in wedlock; conjugal; connubial.
- Figuratively, intimately and inseparably joined or united; united as by the bonds of matrimony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. joined in matrimony
- adj. of or relating to the state of marriage
- n. a person who is married
marry + -ed (Wiktionary)