from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to marriage; nuptial.
- adj. Of or relating to a spouse.
- n. Marriage; nuptials. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to marriage
- adj. of or relating to a spouse, spouses; to the relationship between spouses
- n. marriage; nuptials; espousal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a spouse or marriage; nuptial; matrimonial; conjugal; connubial; bridal.
- n. Marriage; nuptials; espousal; -- generally used in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to marriage or espousal; nuptial; bridal; connubial.
- n. Marriage; nuptials; espousal: often used in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a wedding
- adj. relating to a spouse
From Middle English spousaille, marriage, from Old French espousaille, from Latin spōnsālia, betrothal, from neuter pl. of spōnsālis, of marriage, from spōnsus, past participle of spondēre, to pledge; see spouse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From spouse + -al (Wiktionary)