American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Used in or for inhaling.
- n. Something inhaled.
- n. A medication, anesthetic, or other compound in vapor or aerosol form, taken by inhalation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That inhales; serving for inhalation: as, the inhalant end of a duct; the inhalant pores of sponges (that is, the pores through which streams of water enter). See cuts under Porifera and Spongilla. Also spelled inhalent.
- n. That which is inhaled.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Inhaling; used for inhaling.
- n. An apparatus also called an
inhaler(which see); also, that which is to be inhaled, especially a medicine taken by inhalation.
- adj. inhaling or serving for inhalation
- n. something that is inhaled
- n. a medication to be taken by inhaling it
“This inhalant, which is used as a smelling salt, is capable of causing caustic burns to the oral cavity if bitten or mucosal burns if inserted in the nose, due to the high content of ammonia.”
“The study finds that nearly 1 million youths aged 12 to 17 used some kind of inhalant in”
“Almost 1 million youths aged 12 to 17 used some kind of inhalant in 2007, according to the study by the Department of Health and Human Services.”
“Some have lost sons and daughters to PVS from drug abuse, mostly of the inhalant variety.”
“In the 10th century, in Andalusia, Al-Zahrawi devised the forceps, speculum and bonesaw, pioneered inhalant anaesthetics in the form of sponges soaked with cannabis and opium, and even described the first syringe.”
“When emergency workers arrived at the scene, the friend told them Moore had been doing whip-its, a cheap type of nitrous oxide inhalant usually abused by young adults.”
“Consider the rise in food-related and inhalant allergies.”
“He found her inhaler, shook it, opened her airway, and injected the inhalant.”
“While Fear Gas is an inhalant, Crane has developed an injectable form of the drug for more intense phobia inducing fun.”
‘inhalant’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for inhalant.