from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a valence of 2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a valence of two.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two units of combining power; bivalent. Cf. valence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., having power to combine with two monovalent atoms. Thus, the oxygen atom and the radical CH2 are divalent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a valence of two or having two valences
Sorry, no etymologies found.