American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various compounds, especially an aromatic hydrocarbon, containing the cation N2 attached to an organic group.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A basic organic radical, . Some of the diazonium compounds are regarded as tautomeric forms of diazo compounds.
- n. chemistry any univalent cation, of general formula R-N2+; diazonium salts are used to manufacture azo dyes, and take part in the Sandmeyer reaction
- n. the univalent cation R-N:N- (where R is an aromatic hydrocarbon); found in salts that are used in manufacturing azo dyes
- From diazo + ammonium (Wiktionary)
- diaz(o) + (amm)onium. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In addition to these alkali ions and other metal ions, it has been possible to produce host molecules that bind organic positive ions (cations such as diazonium and alkylammonium ions), as well as other host molecules which can bind small neutral molecules or negative ions”
“C_6H_5·N_2·C_6H_3 (NH_2) _2, first prepared by O. Witt (_Ber. _, 1877, 10, p. 656), is obtained by coupling phenyl diazonium chloride with meta-phenylene diamine.”
“Th. Zincke found that the products obtained by coupling a diazonium salt with [alpha] - naphthol, and by condensing phenyl-hydrazine with”
“-- The oxyazo compounds are prepared by adding a solution of a diazonium salt to a cold slightly alkaline solution of a phenol.”
“_ -- The diazo-amines, R·N: N·NHR_1, are obtained by the action of primary amines on diazonium salts; by the action of nitrous acid on a free primary amine, an iso-diazohydroxide being formed as an intermediate product which then condenses with the amine; and by the action of nitrosamines on primary amines.”
“Alkylated amino-azo-benzenes are also known, and are formed by the coupling of diazonium salts with alkylated amines, provided they contain a free para position with respect to the amino group.”
“The most easily obtained mixed azo compounds are those formed by the union of a diazonium salt with the potassium or sodium salt of a nitroparaffin (V. Meyer, _Ber. _, 1876, 9, p. 384):”
“Noyori asymmetric hydrogenation is the asymmetric reduction of β-keto-esters Amines can be converted to diazonium salts which are then hydrolyzed.”
“It would be ironic if courts, seeing opposing expert witnesses giving odds of correct identification differing a million-fold (105: 1 versus 1011: 1), were to decide that DNA evidence is hopelessly unreliable, and turn instead to eye-witness identification (odds of correct identification diazonium salt -- couples to enzyme tyrosine groups”
“It may be prepared by the action of ammonia on diazobenzene perbromide; by the action of hydroxylamine on a diazonium sulphate (K. Heumann and L. Oeconomides,”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘diazonium’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for diazonium.