from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or containing mercury, especially with a valence of 2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or derived from mercury.
- adj. Specifically (of a compound), containing mercury with an oxidation number of 2.
- adj. Mercurial (of people).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived from, mercury; containing mercury; -- said of those compounds of mercury into which this element enters in its lowest proportion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Related to or containing mercury.
- In chem., specifically applied to compounds in which each atom of mercury is regarded as bivalent: as, mercuric chlorid, HgCl2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or containing mercury
From mercury + -ic, partly after French mercurique. (Wiktionary)