from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The divalent radical UO22+.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The divalent radical UO22+, conveniently regarded as a residue of many uranium compounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The radical UO2, conveniently regarded as a residue of many uranium compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Uranium dioxid, UO2, when it occurs as a dyad radical in combination: as, for example, potassium and uranyl sulphate, K2.UO2.(SO4)2.-(H2O)2, the salt with which Becquerel's first experiment in regard to radioactivity was made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bivalent radical UO2 which forms salts with acids
Sorry, no etymologies found.