American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or containing divalent copper.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of copper; derived from copper: as, cupric oxid. Also cuprous.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived from, copper; containing copper.
- adj. chemistry Containing copper with an oxidation number of 2
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Chem.) Of, pertaining to, or derived from, copper; containing copper; -- said of those compounds of copper in which this element is present in its lowest proportion.
- adj. of or containing divalent copper
- Ultimately from Latin cuprum ("copper"). (Wiktionary)
“Ferrous sulphide was next similarly treated, and gave, after the lapse of a few hours, a copious blackish precipitation of sulphur, and possessing properties similar to the sulphur obtained by dissolving sulphides such as cupric sulphide in dilute nitric acid, in all other respects resembling common sulphur.”
“And double lucky, the B50 formula & Calcium formula both Costco had cupric gluconate.”
“The enquiry follows dissatisfaction expressed about the existing procedure for issuing a permit for the import of dangerous waste, with specific reference to the recent cupric arsenite issue.”
“An independent enquiry into the issuing of a permit for the import of cupric arsenite will soon commence.”
“The Cabinet on Thursday approved the appointment of a commission to investigate the unauthorised issuing of a permit for the import of cupric arsenite to South Africa, the Ministry of”
“A shipment of cupric arsenite destined for South Africa from”
“The import of 500 tons of toxic waste - "poisonous cupric arsenide" - exported by Finland has reportedly been approved.”
“Regulations for a one-man commission to investigate the unauthorised issuing of a permit for the import of cupric arsenite to South Africa were gazetted on Friday.”
“Also discussed was the pumping of extraneous water by the mining industry and the conversion of a committee of inquiry into the importation of waste cupric arsenite into a full commission of inquiry so as to afford it the necesasary clout.”
“Venter has been asked to investigate the circumstances surrounding the issue of a permit to import a consignment of cupric arsenite from Finland to South Africa.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cupric’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for cupric.